5 Day Dog Centred Holiday / Workshop: Improving Dogs’ Social Skills (1)
Help your dog to gain more confidence around other dogs and people, and to become more relaxed in different environments. Learn some of the tools that will help you to recognise when your dog needs help, how to support him and how to help him have good experiences.
Time & Location
06 set 2021, 09:30 – 10 set 2021, 17:00
Prospect Village Hall, 14 Williamson Ave, Cannock WS12 0QF, UK
About the Event
- Anyone who would like to increase their understanding of ways in which they can support their dog socially.
- Anyone who would like to spend time with their dogs in a supportive environment
- Suitable for all dogs from those who are anxious or insecure to those who are competent in their skills.
If in doubt whether this is something for you please contact us here
Help your dog to gain more confidence around other dogs and people, and to become more relaxed in different environments.
Learn some of the tools that will help you to recognise when your dog needs help, how to support him and how to help him have good experiences.
Set in the relaxed atmosphere and beautiful natural environment of Cannock Chase you will learn skills such as:
- How to improve the way you support your dog through the sympathetic use of the lead and your actions
- Awareness of how sensitive body language can influence your dog
- Recognising how different environments can influence your dog
- How to move from avoidance and management to building up real life skills
- How to help your dog to feel more socially confident
Enjoy a range of walks tailored to the individual dog, designed to help you improve your understanding and connection with your dog. Walks will include individual support with the aim of helping your dog have positive learning experiences around other dogs and people.
NB: Accommodation not included.
6 September - 10 September 2021
IPACS / ISPACS current & past
IPACS / ISPACS students, current and past. 6 September - 10 September 2021
Partner with dog
for accompanying partners with dog 6 September - 10 September 2021
Partner without dog
for accompanying partners without a dog 6 September - 10 September 2021